Diet and exercise are the keys to a healthier You!Find A Balance You Can Live With
Diet And Exercise With Attitude
- People say they want to live longer -- if in good health.
- Lifestyle and wellness products help people live longer, healthier, more fulfilling lives.
- Diet and exercise is the most economical and rewarding lifestyle change you can give to yourself.
- Keep it simple
- Everything in moderation
- Including more fresh produce and fewer packaged foods in your diet is a plant-based diet.
- Walking is the perfect exercise. Walking helps to get your blood flowing and your lymph system working.
- Attitude? Just try and be all you can be. A better you. Set a good example for others.
Clean Healthy DietChoose minimally processed, natural foods that provide maximum nutritional benefits. The idea is to consume foods as close to their natural state as possible.
Exercise- one of the most important things you can do for your health. Exercise should be tailored to what a person is physically capable of and remain comfortable.
Most people reading about diet and exercise, weight loss, improving health, and such; are looking at options, what is the easiest way to get results.
There are many gimmicks out there!
Mostly, pills that claim to chemically alter the way fat is stored and melt fat away.
You can't eat prepackaged meals off a shelf or out of a box and expect to get good nutrition.
Good nutrition only is available from fresh foods, mainly produce.
Fresh produce contains Mother Nature's balance of nutrients in a form readily available to the body.
It is important for your health
Fresh food means freshly picked, prepared, and consumed before it spoils.
Frozen, canned, and dried packaged foods lose nutrients.
Processing of any type also reduces the nutrient content and may even strip away those vital antioxidants that support immune health and protect cells from damage.
Choosing fresh ingredients promotes synergy among the nutrients and the mix of nutrients your body needs.
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
My Happy Healthy Life
Develop Healthy HabitsStay active, and stay positive by doing things sooner than later
Favorite things to do for yourself and others
Have a, Be All You Can Be Attitude
Setting a good example for others makes you feel good
Get the idea, how can you feel better today than the day before
At the end of the day, you know you did your best.
End the day with, I have a lot to be thankful for feeling.
Nutrition And Cancer
IS NATURAL MEDICINE FOR ME?
- There are two types of patients. One type wants their doctor to make the best decision concerning their cancer treatment on their behalf. These patients are not interested in doing their research. They have faith in the current medical system and are happy about it.
- The second group of patients likes to get informed by studying the diagnosis. They may need to be more knowledgeable, but they are willing to learn about the treatment options most suited to them. Experience shows that patients with the most success in beating cancer are the most involved. Working with their doctor, they learn, ask questions, and take control and responsibility for their bodies.
4 nutrition tips to reduce risk of prostate cancer
"Angiogenesis, the growth of new capillary blood vessels in the body, is an important natural process used for healing and reproduction."
What is Angiogenesis-Based Medicine?Angio.org - About Angiogenesis
"The body controls angiogenesis by producing a precise balance of growth and inhibitory factors in healthy tissues.When this balance is disturbed, the result is either too much or too little angiogenesis. Abnormal blood vessel growth, either excessive or insufficient, is now recognized as a “common denominator” underlying many deadly and debilitating conditions, including cancer, skin diseases, age-related blindness, diabetic ulcers, cardiovascular disease, stroke, and many others. The list of diseases that have angiogenesis as an underlying mechanism grows longer every year."
Protect yourself from the damage of chronic inflammation.
Science has proven that chronic, low-grade inflammation can turn into a silent killer that contributes to cardio-vascular disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes and other conditions.
Chronic Inflammation Roma Pahwa; Amandeep Goyal; Ishwarlal Jialal. Author Information and Affiliations Last Update: August 8, 2022
Exercise And Cancer
Physical activity, weight and prostate cancer
Weight and prostate cancer"Being active and keeping a healthy weight can help you to feel better during and after treatment for prostate cancer. It can also help to lower your risk of other conditions."
"Obesity and overweight is the second biggest preventable cause of cancer after smoking. Obese means having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher. And being overweight means having a BMI of between 25 and 30."
Cytotoxic T-cells mediate exercise-induced reductions in tumor growth
"Exercise affects almost all tissues in the body, and scientists have found that being physically active can reduce the risk of several types of cancer as well as improving outcomes for cancer patients."
"These results demonstrate that CD8+ T cells are altered by exercise to improve their effectiveness against tumors. The ability of T cells to identify and eliminate cancer cells is essential to avoid tumor growth, and is one of the foundations of current immune therapy treatments. Exercise could improve the outcome of these treatments by increasing the activation of the immune system, making tumor-fighting cells more effective."
Exercise Medicine This emerging field of exercise medicine (i.e., biological alterations driven by biomechanical stimuli)  in exercise oncology presents practitioners with unique opportunities to target tumor formation, growth, and invasion of primary or secondary prostate carcinomas through exercise interventions. Aerobic exercise stimulates natural killer cell production, mobilization, and tumor infiltration. An approximate 60% reduction in tumor incidence and growth across several preclinical models. Controlled mechanical compressions of skeletal sites with known bone metastases has shown to interfere with tumor-driven dysregulation of osteogenesis. A general 80% reduction in tumor growth rate in osteolytic models while preserving skeletal integrity by about 70% in loaded versus unloaded conditions . These preclinical findings use animal models and require human trials. Some human trials are currently in progress, providing good insights into exercise medicine independent of other therapies.PDF - Exercise Medicine for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Exercise is a safe and effective medicine for advanced prostate cancer, including for patients with bone metastases; a historically excluded patient population with a high disease burden and magnified clinical needs. Advanced prostate cancer patients should therefore participate in exercise programmes, under clinical supervision.
- Exercise may act synergistically to improve the potency, delivery, effectiveness and tolerance of chemotherapy and radiotherapy in advanced prostate cancer patients. This has been presented in preclinical orthotopic models to date. Future studies should aim to translate findings to patient-focused human clinical trials.
- Physical activity has been associated with lower risk of cancer-specific and all-cause mortality. However, exercise will likely yield even greater survival benefits, and this is being investigated by the INTERVAL-MCRPC clinical trial, using metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer patients, launched in 2016.
- Exercise programmes designed for advanced prostate cancer patients should always be supervised, individualized, periodized, progressive and autoregulated. Autoregulation is a particularly important for this patient population, given their disease profile, age, omnipresent comorbidities and associated treatment toxicities over time.
Some links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Affiliate Disclosure The owner of rejuvu.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, and amazonwireless.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I earn a commission through each purchase made on Amazon, Google from one of my links.